The following functions are the responsibility of the Teradata ETL Developer within Enterprise BI Development team. This individual will be responsible to work with Data Integration and Operations team, design and develop ETL solutions, perform code reviews, enhance standards, tune performance, migrate code from Dev to QA and production. This individual will be an Teradata ETL developer in a large Teradata Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing (BI/DW) environment.
- 3-5 years of solid DW experience is required.
- Expertise in programming ETL jobs using Teradata utilities TPT, MLOAD, FLOAD, TPUMP etc.
- Expertise in Informatica PowerCenter (v8.6 or 9.x) is desired.
- Expertise in ETL performance tuning.
- STRONG SQL knowledge is a MUST (experience with any Enterprise level ANSI compliant database is Ok, however experience with Teradata is a plus)
- Physical data modeling in Teradata
- Good understanding of Teradata parallel architecture and its physical implementation
- Experience using load Teradata utilities (standalone as well as with Informatica)
- Experience in PL/SQL and knowledge on Oracle concepts (10g/11g), if Oracle is the primary database skill of the candidate
- Need a team player with flexible working hours.
- Good communication skills.